The data that you provide to us is controlled by Joanne Wimble-Roberts T/A Dolphin Swimming School.
You can get in contact with our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or send any requests to:
Data Protection Officer
Dolphin Swimming School Faversham
11 Fielding Street, Faversham, Kent, ME13 7JZ
< Anything in the following privacy statement marked with an "*" has been added to our new version of our privacy statement which will fully come into effect on 30th April 2021, you have the right to object to our changes, if you are on one of our lessons, please contact to close your account. >
At Dolphin Swimming School, protecting you and your child’s personal information is very important to us and we understand our responsibility to keep your data secure and comply with legal requirements.
This policy outlines how we use and process your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or need more information.
1. Our contact details
Name: MRS J S WIMBLE-ROBERTS T/A DOLPHIN SWIMMING SCHOOL
Address: 11 Fielding Street, Faversham, Kent ME13 7JZ
Phone Number: 01795 530739
Our ICO registration ID is: ZA559462
2. The type of personal information we collect.
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers, contacts, and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
• Customer financial information
• Attendance information
• Website user statistics (in anonymised form)
• Relevant medical information
• Safeguarding information (where applicable)
3. How we get personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• You contact us via our website, telephone, e-mail, or our social media channels.
• You register with us on our Client Hub portal.
• You are booked onto a course with us.
• You give us written permission to request the previous ability of your child (from Faversham pools lessons)
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
• GoCardless (Direct Debits) - We receive a confirmation of your mandate being set up along with the bank that your mandate is set up with and the last 2 digits of your account number. In addition to this, we also get a notification from them about the status of your payment.
• PayPal (Online payments) – We receive a confirmation of your transaction and a transaction ID.
• SumUp – We receive a confirmation of your payment, the last 4 digits of the payment card you used, and the card scheme.
• Faversham Pools – If an accident is recorded, we receive a copy for insurance purposes.
4. How we use your information.
We use the information that you have given us to:
• To provide our services (swimming lessons) to you.
• To contact you about our changes to our services, including account issues and cancellations.
• To identify you when you contact us, and we contact you.
• Provide our instructors with relevant medical information.
5. Third Parties
We use the following third parties to provide our services to you:
• SwimSoft Online – We use Swimsoft online to provide our lesson management, Customer Profiles, fees management, and Client Hub services.
• SMTP2GO – We use SMTP2GO to deliver emails to you from our system. *
A cookie is a small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your browser. To find out more about cookies, use the link -
The cookies that we use are divided into four categories:
• Essential cookies - These cookies cannot be disabled and are required for the website to run properly. Examples of these are security, verification of identity, and network management cookies.
• Marketing cookies – These are cookies that are used to track how effective advertising is and provide a more relevant service to you.
• Functional cookies – These cookies collect data to remember your preferences when using our site, providing you with a more personalised service.
• Analytical cookies – These cookies help us understand how users interact with our site and how we can improve the site to make the experience when visiting our site better.
All the cookies on our website can be disabled except essential cookies, you can do this by clicking the decline all button on our cookie banner, alternatively, you can also click on cookie settings and select which type of cookies you wish to permit and which cookies you would like to block.
7. Who we share your information with
We may also share your information with the following third parties:
8. How we store your personal information.
Your information is securely stored in:
Physical Form - In a locked filing cabinet accessible to authorised administrators only.
Digital Form - On our online systems with password-protected access and 2-factor authentication enabled.
9. Business Transfer Clause*
If MRS J S WIMBLE-ROBERTS T/A DOLPHIN SWIMMING SCHOOL FAVERSHAM should decide to sell or merge the business with any other entity or decide to completely shut down the business, your personal data will not be shared with any other party including the acquiring party (in the event of a sale or merger of the business). Some personal data will continue to be retained as required by law and set out in the “how long we store your personal information for” section. Once this retention period ends, we will ensure the secure destruction of any remaining information.
10. How long we store your personal information for.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than we need to, and only use your information for the purposes that we have set out in this policy.
In most cases, this means that we will not keep your personal information for longer than 7 years from the time that you end your relationship with us. However, in some cases we have to retain your information longer, these categories are set out below along with their retention period:
• Medical information until the child reaches 21 years of age.
• Accident forms until the child reaches 21 years of age.
• Safeguarding records until the child is 24 years old.
11. Your data protection rights.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, we have to keep some of your information in accordance with the law.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
12. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we will respond to you within 3 weeks (21 days) of us receiving your request.
You can contact us using any of the details at the beginning of this document.
13. How to complain.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Data Protection Officer,
Dolphin Swimming School Faversham,
11 Fielding Street,
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
14. Updates to this policy
We may update this policy from time to time to comply with changes to privacy regulations, where we do this, we will notify all of our customers via email, we will also display a notice on our website for a period of not less than 14 days.