The data that you provide to us is controlled by Joanne Wimble-Roberts T/A Dolphin Swimming School.
You can get in contact with our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or send any requests to:
Data Protection Officer
Dolphin Swimming School Faversham
11 Fielding Street, Faversham, Kent, ME13 7JZ
At Dolphin Swimming School, protecting your' and your child’s personal information is very important to us and we understand our responsibility to keep your data secure and comply with legal requirements.
This policy outlines how we use and process your personal information, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or need more information.
1. Our contact details
Name: MRS J S WIMBLE-ROBERTS T/A DOLPHIN SWIMMING SCHOOL
Address: 11 Fielding Street, Faversham, Kent ME13 7JZ
Phone Number: 01795 530739
Our ICO registration ID is: ZA559462
2. The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
• Personal identifiers, contacts, and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
• Customer financial information
• Attendance information
• Website user statistics (in anonymised form)
• Relevant medical information
• Safeguarding information (where applicable)
3. How we get personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
• You contact us via our website, telephone, e-mail, or our social media channels.
• You register with us on our Client Hub portal.
• You are booked onto a course with us.
• You give us written permission to request the previous ability of your child (from Faversham pools lessons)
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
• GoCardless (Direct Debits) - We receive a confirmation of your mandate being set up along with the bank that your mandate is set up with and the last 2 digits of your account number. In addition to this, we also get a notification from them about the status of your payment.
• PayPal (Online payments) – We receive a confirmation of your transaction and a transaction ID.
• SumUp – We receive a confirmation of your payment, the last 4 digits of the payment card you used, and the card scheme.
• Faversham Pools – If an accident is recorded, we receive a copy for insurance purposes.
4. How we use your information
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
• To provide our services (swimming lessons) to you.
• To contact you about our changes to our services, including account issues and cancellations.
• To identify you when you contact us, and we contact you.
• Provide our instructors with relevant medical information.
5. Third Parties
We use the following third parties in order to provide our services to you:
6. Who we share your information with
We may also share your information with the following third parties:
7. How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in:
Physical Form - In a locked filing cabinet accessible to authorised administrators only.
Digital Form - On our online systems with password-protected access and 2-factor authentication enabled.
8. How long we store your personal information for
We keep these categories of data for the following amount of time.
• Course attendance information (for children) for a minimum of 7 years.
• Medical information until the child reaches the age of 21 years.
• Accident forms until the child reaches the age of 21 years.
• Progress data for a minimum of 1 year from the date of the last course.
• Form entry data (website) for a period of 1 year from the date of entry.
• Emails are automatically erased after a period of 5 years from the date of last correspondence.
• Safeguarding records until the child is 24 years old.
9. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances, we have to keep some of your information in accordance with the law.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
10. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we will respond to you within 3 weeks (21 days) of us receiving your request.
You can contact us using any of the details at the beginning of this document
11. How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Data Protection Officer,
Dolphin Swimming School Faversham,
11 Fielding Street,
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
12. Updates to this policy
We may update this policy from time to time in order to comply with changes to privacy regulations, where we do this we will notify all of our customers via email, we will also display a notice on our website for a period of not less than 14 days.